Dr. Stephen Royal Jackson, Ph.D. - America's Premier Stress Doctor
Love & Stress
• True stress relief involves learning to USE stress to transform your life. Just as an oyster transforms an irritating foreign object like a grain of sand or a parasite that invades its shell into a priceless pearl, so you can learn to transform your anger, fear, and grief into the pearl of a richer, fuller, more rewarding life.
• Managing stress becomes much easier when we realize it is all about love. For what is stress but the PRESSURE we feel from the perceived gap between what we would love to have happen in any given situation and our ability to attain it.
• Just as black lumps of coal become clear diamonds, we can transform the confusion of stress into a clarity of purpose when we focus on what we would love to have happen. Then we can close the gap with the peaceful power of love instead of repressing or aggressing our stress.
• The old adage "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade," is good but incomplete. For it is only when we add the sweetness of love to the bitter tasting juice of the lemons that life presents to us that we can make a divinely delicious lemonade.
• Once we realize it is all about love, mastering stress becomes a daily practice of shifting our focus from the outcome we fear to the outcome we would love to have happen. Our body, mind, and spirit then zero in on the desired goal making us successful the way a great golfer is when he or she focuses and hits the golf ball onto the green and not in the water or sand trap.
• Love is the journey and the destination, the sword and the treasure, the means and the end. Knowing this makes your life not only less stressful but can give you more moments of bliss.
• Remember when stress strikes, the inner peace of your spirit is just a slow deep breath away. Breathe deeply so that you can approach stress with an alert mind and a relaxed body which will enable you to move toward what you would love to have happen peacefully and effectively.